Welcome to Apple Volume Purchase Program
Please check back soon for an update with Apple Configurator 2.1
How to Purchase Apps for iPad, iPod and Mac- Update November 6, 2014.
1. Peruse the Volume Portal for the desired app or apps to determine the exact cost. AVP Portal
2. Order Apple credit with a CMS purchase order ((no more vouchers) . The purchase order can be in the exact amount or increased amount if school desires to have additional funds in the volume purchase account for future purchases. Tax must be included in the PO amount.
3. The person completing the purchase order MUST put the school’s volume program facilitator Apple ID in the notes section of the PO. (Ex. email@example.com). This will ensure the email with the volume purchase credit code goes to the volume purchase facilitator for that school or department.
Lawson Vendor #1508 -Location #3
To ensure the credit is applied and delivered correctly include the following on the PO:
Credit Value (USD)
Name (First and Last)
Email (VPP Facilitator account email)
4. An email with a link to the redeem portal will be sent to your email address listed on the PO (AGAIN-should be the volume program facilitator Apple ID). A voucher card will no longer be sent. The redeem code replaces the voucher card.
5. The Volume Purchase Facilitator will log into the volume portal with the school’s volume program facilitator Apple ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) to redeem the code included in the email. The credit code in the email can only be redeemed in the Apple Volume Portal
6. To redeem your VPP Credit you access your inbox that contains for redemption code through volumepurchaseprogramcredit.apple.com and log on with your log in with the same credentials for VPP Username: SchoolCourierCodeApple@cms.k12.nc.us
7. Select Orders on the left hand side, select download link of your most recent purchase.
8. The Volume Purchase Facilitator will log into the volume portal with the school’s volume program facilitator Apple ID to redeem the code included in the email for the credit (email@example.com). The credit code can only be redeemed in the Apple Volume Portal.
9. Open the downloaded file (it should open in excel), copy the Redemption Code
11. Paste your redeem code in the box and select Redeem. Your account balance should now be up to date.
12. Select the desired apps. Be sure to select the correct media type.
13. A spreadsheet will be generated and ready for download.
- NEW! Changes to Method of Distribution. Please select the method of distribution as shown in the image below when purchasing apps. Select Redeemable Codes. CMS is not using Managed Distribution at this time.